Pregnancy is a wonderful and joyful time for a woman. Along with the excitement and joyful anticipation of bringing a child into the world, it can also bring about variety of challenges and experiences. The wisdom from nature’s abundance – therapeutic grade essential oils can often assist the soon- to-be-mom in dealing with issues like nausea, stress, labor & delivery and afterbirth care for both mom and baby.
This page will cover all aspects of pregnancy from pre to post. Before I start to delve into it, I need to name that these are just my opinions taken from my own personal experience and research that I have done. I am sure that you are also tired of hearing that these are specific to Young Living Oils and supplements. The main reason being that this is the only company that I trust in terms of purity and want to ensure the safety of potential users.
DISCLAIMER: Yep, I gotta say it. So, here it goes! I am not a medical professional. The information shared on this site, specifically on this topic are not intended to treat, cure, or diagnose any illness, nor is it meant to replace professional medical attention or advice. Advice and testimonies are all based on use of Young Living brand of oils specifically. Use and application of this information is done solely at your own risk.
Pregnancy is unique from person to person and baby to baby. Using essential oils is a personal choice. Always check with your healthcare provider before use. While most oils are generally regarded as safe during pregnancy, you may wish to avoid or limit some oils.
**All of the oils in this presentation are generally regarded as safe to use during pregnancy unless noted.**
I want to REITERATE that there is no judgement in what I am writing. I simply want to educate people with knowledge. Knowledge is empowerment and it can facilitate making informed choices.
We will start with Pre-Pregnancy. Why: Conscious pre-conception is as important as conception. I consider our home to be our temple and sanctuary. I believe that most people think if their home that way. Do your research and look at organizations like EWG and see if you can start to reduce Body Burden of chemicals.
You might ask why this is important as you are here to learn about support during pregnancy. This study will show you the importance of reducing body burdens as a woman carrying a child or about to carry one. I am not here to scare you. You can begin this journey anytime even if you have already had children. The key is to keep reducing the toxins in your environment for your whole family.
- Tests Find More Than 200 Chemicals in Newborn Umbilical Cord Blood. These chemicals were found in OTCs that were advertised and recommended as “safe for pregnancy”.
- Did you know that the FDA has recalled over 2,000 drugs within the past 12 months? Many of those being drugs that were recommended as “safe for pregnancy”.
- Most OTC drugs contain preservatives, dyes, and other GMO and carcinogenic chemicals.
- There are over 300,000 deaths a year (that are reported) from PROPERLY PRESCRIBED medications.
- The chemicals that exist in your every day cleaning, body & beauty products can AND DO injure and kill.
The good thing is that there are alternate ways to support the wellbeing of your unborn child. Along with keeping your environment free of toxins found in household cleaners, eating a clean & balanced diet, using Essential Oils , do look into other resources like Chiropractic work & Acupuncture to name a few to support you as a mother and your baby.
- “There are no records of abnormal fetuses or aborted fetuses due to the normal use of essential oils, either by inhalation or topical application. There are no records of a few drops of essential oils taken by mouth causing any problems either.” Jane Buckle, Ph.D., R.N., Clinical Aromatherapy: Essential Oils in Practice
- It gives me great peace of mind to know that my essential oils are pure from the earth. They are not made in a lab, they are not synthetic or man-made, they do not contain GMO components, preservatives, or dyes.
- Read further into the chemistry of how oils work on a molecular level and you will understand a detox symptom versus an allergic reaction. (Source: “The Chemistry of Essential Oils” by Dr. David Stewart
- Purchase “The Chemical Free Home” books (I, II, & III) books to learn how to use YLEOs in every aspect of your home to make it CLEAN and SAFE for everyone in the family
- Operate from a fearless, logical and common sense place ( reading the labels for instance)
Click here to go the next page – Pre pregnancy Oils for Men and Women