Fall is upon us. This is often the time I stock up on necessities for the winter like a squirrel 😆 I really do think prevention is better than cure and work on supporting our immune system starting NOW. Here are a few things that we do in terms of diet, supplements and EO’s.
- Physical Activity – Movement is so important. Any kind.. Really, if all you can do is move your arms, do that. It allows the body to detox and keep functioning efficiently. Be outside as much as you can even when the weather turns.
Vit D – Related to physical activity is getting enough Vit D. We get Vit D from the sun and honestly, we don’t get enough of it. An average adult needs at least 2000 – 5000 IU’s a day. A child needs a min of 500 IU’s a day. I like the Innate Choice Brand or Biotics Brand personally.
- Diet – Eating lots of green leafy vegetables and fruits will be really good for your system. I love making a smoothie early in the morning to get the fruits in. Ayurvedic system believes that eating fruits on an empty stomach prevents diseases.Also, processed sugars and processed foods are better to avoid as much as you can. We only do natural sugars like Honey, Maple syrup or Jaggery ( an Indian form of molases) that too only in limited quantities.
- Sleep – Oh sleep fairy, come and visit us every night. A good night sleep can be the cure for almost anything, right. We often use the aid of EO’s like Lavender and Cedarwood to help us sleep well.
- Supplements: Good quality supplements in conjunction to Essential Oils can be a huge treat for your body’s natural abilities to heal. I am going to list them in no particular order of importance. It is also important to have these consistently, everyday for you to see results.
Fish Oil / Flax Seed Oil – A good quality fish oil or flax seed oil ( for vegetarians or vegans) is a must. I like the Green Pastures brand…
Probiotics – It is a must everyday as a good gut health is key for good health. I like Life 5 from YL. But Innate Choice is another great brand.Inner Defense – Even though I don’t consider this to be a supplement, we keep this handy at all times in the Fall and winter months. They go well with the probiotics.
Greens – I think we don’t get enough greens in a day. Multigreens by YL is a good supplement to have.
Vit C – Vit C is so helpful to keep the immune system up. I like the Chewable Vit C from Young Living. It is derived from wholesome foods like acerola cherry and is a great way to support your immune system daily. It is great for children and adults alike.
NingXia Red – I have written many posts about NingXia Red. It is that good for your wellbeing. It is full of antioxidants and antioxidants are great to fight free radicals that you come in contact with everyday. This in combination with Thieves Vitality is a must for healthy immune system.
- Essential Oils – Lets talk about EO’s to support the immune system through the Fall.
Thieves or Thieves Vitality – We never leave the home with applying Thieves to our foot or take a drop of Thieves Vitality with NingXia Red every single day. This is my first go to for prevention and support.
R.C. – It is a blend of Eucalyptus, Lemon etc. Smells divine and is great to apply to the chest pre and post workout or before bed time. It is especially important if you need extra respiratory support.
Raven – It is another blend that I often like to use in conjunction with R.C. I love applying this to the chest and the back while applying R.C to either the foot or the spine. It helps support the nasal passages.
Breathe Again Roll-On – Conveniently made in a roll-on bottle for easy application. Another thing we stock up on in our home for Fall and Winter.
Frankincense – If I have a favorite oil, it is Frankincense. It is something we use daily to support the immune system as well as for calming the nervous system.
Lavender – It has so many uses and one of them is supporting the immune system. It is a wonderful thing to apply to the lymph nodes to help them drain when your respiratory system needs support.
Purification – This blend purifies the air and so diffuse it a lot during the Fall and Winter.
I can write about many other EO’s, but this is a good check list to have at home for the winter.
A few other useful items to keep at home are Thieves Cough Drops. It is made with natural ingredients with no artificial sugars. It relieves the nasal passages and can be cooling for the throat. It is become one of my favorites. I even sometimes use it as a breath Freshener.
Hope you found this useful. This is what I use for my family to support us and hoping that you will as well. If you are an avid Young Living Oil user, fabulous and hope this is a good resource for you.
If you would like to get started with Young Living, the best way is to get started with getting a Premium Starter Kit as a whole sale member. You can get many of these oils that I have mentioned with the kit + Diffuser + 2 sample packs of NingXia . The value for for the kit if you purchase them individually is over $300 + so it is a good value. Plus you get the educational support from my team and the ability to purchase any of Young Living’s products at 24% off.
Make sure to type 1723841 where it asks for Enroller and Sponsor number so you can be on my team.